Turmeric persimmon porridge
· 1 cup rolled oats
· 4 tablespoons ground flax seed
· 1 cup coconut milk
· 2 medium persimmons (top leaves removed)
· 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 inch fresh ginger root
· Pinch of sea salt
· Honey to drizzle
1. To enjoy soaked: Using a high speed blender, blend coconut or almond milk, persimmon, ginger root, cinnamon, turmeric, and sea salt.
2. In 2 small bowls, pour 1/2 cup oats and 2 tablespoons flax seed in each bowl. Pour equal amounts of the blended persimmon into the bowls and stir until combined. Let sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. To enjoy warm: Pour the persimmon mixture into a small sauce pan on medium to heat, add the rolled oats and flax seed and continually stir to make sure the flax seed and oats are absorbing all the liquid.
4. Cook on medium-low for 10-20 minutes (depending on your desired texture of oats, cook longer for softer oats, cook less for more chewy oats).
5. To serve: top with fresh sliced persimmon, sliced kumquats, pinch of sea salt, drizzle of olive oil, pinch of ground cinnamon.