Grass-fed beef breakfast patties
· 1 pound grass-fed beef
· 2 tsp onion powder
· 2 tsp dried sage
· 1tsp ground fennel seed
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· pinch of sea salt
· ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
· 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the beef in a bowl and add in the seasonings. Mix thoroughly then divide into 8 portions.
2. Flatten the portions into thin patties.
3. To cook, heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the patties and cook for 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
4. Store meat, cooked or uncooked in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days.
We recommend enjoying these patties with a side of greens (sautéed or fresh) and a pasture-raised egg.
Source: Mark Hyman, MD