Heating things up on V- Day? You know it—in the form of this rose latte at least! Rose is known for it’s relaxing properties, so take a break and sip on this beautiful beverage and show yourself some love.
This rose latte is both dairy-and refined sugar-free. Serves 1.
· 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
· 2 teaspoons rose water
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 3/4 cup frozen raspberries (optional, but recommended for the pink color!)
· Pinch sea salt
· 1 heaping teaspoon coconut oil (or you can sub coconut butter)
· 2 teaspoons honey (can sub maple syrup)
· I added 1 scoop collagen peptides for added froth (optional)
· Edible rose petals to garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients save for honey and coconut oil. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally, and let simmer until the raspberries have begun to dissolve into the milk, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before blending until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, then add coconut oil, honey and blend again until rich and frothy. Serve immediately.
2. Alternatively, you can skip using the raspberries and simply heat all ingredients, save for honey and coconut oil until just warm. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then add the honey and coconut oil and blend until rich and frothy. Serve immediately.
Blogpost written by Ascend content expert Ashley Hart.