Strawberries & “Cream” Chia Pudding
16 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled
1 ½ cups (or one 13 ½ ounce can) coconut milk
¼ cup honey, or to taste
1 vanilla bean, scraped (I used 1 tsp vanilla extract as a substitution)
¾ teaspoon finely grated lime zest
½ cup chia seeds
1. Place the strawberries, coconut milk, honey, vanilla and lime zest in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add more honey if desired.
2. Place the chia seeds in a large bowl, pour the strawberry mixture on top, and whisk thoroughly. Let stand for 10 minutes and whisk again.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 3 days. Stir the pudding before serving. The longer it sits, the thicker the pudding will become; if you find that it is too thick, whisk in a little water (or coconut water, if you have some on hand).
4. Spoon into individual cups or bowls and garnish (see suggestions below).
- Sweeteners: Honey may be substituted with other sweeteners like maple syrup, agave nectar, date syrup, etc. Adjust amounts for desired sweetness.
- Garnish ideas: strawberries, coconut flakes, lime zest, chopped or slivered nuts, cocoa nibs, fresh mint.
Recipe source: www.thekitchn.com