Kale Salad with Butternut Squash and Lentils
1 butternut squash
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp agave nectar or pure maple syrup
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp finely minced fresh ginger
1 clove garlic
8 oz kale, stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
1 1/2 cups cooked brown lentils (or one 15-oz can, rinsed and drained)
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Peel the squash and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Spread on a baking sheet with 1 tbsp olive oil and salt.
3. Roast the squash in the oven for ~25 minutes.
4. Stir remaining 3 tbsp olive oil, vinegar, agave, mustard, ginger, garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl.
5. Add the kale and mix thoroughly with the vinaigrette.
6. Add cooled squash and lentils. Toss to coat. Let the flavors marinate for a bit, then serve!