Spicy Lettuce Wraps
• 1 pound extra-lean, organic ground beef, turkey, or chicken
• 2 ounces adobo sauce
• 14 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
• 2 ounces mild green chiles
• 2 cloves garlic (minced)
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon oregano
• Lettuce leaves (Boston or romaine)
• Red cabbage (shredded)
• Green onions, diced
• Cilantro, diced
• Shredded American cheese
• Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground meat until browned.
2. Add the adobo sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, green chiles, garlic, cumin and oregano. Stir well.
3. To prepare each lettuce wrap, put some of the meat mixture in the center of a lettuce leaf. Top with your desired toppings, then roll the corners of the lettuce leaf around the filling and enjoy.